The Syed Law Firm represents clients in some of the most interesting and complex matters companies and individuals face today. Our team has broad legal experience in both trial and appellate work in state and federal courts. This includes representing clients in business disputes, intellectual property claims, complex multi-district civil litigation, products liability, federal labor litigation, false advertising, breach of warranty, and regulatory violations. We also have experience in appellate work before the United States Supreme Court involving punitive damages in a copyright infringement case in the music industry.
Clients range from individuals involved in family disputes to pharmaceutical companies in multi-million dollar collections work, as well as foreign companies involved in litigation in U.S. courts.
The Syed Law Firm has handled and litigated cases in Tennessee, including Davidson County, New York, Washington, DC, and Virginia, including Fairfax County. The Syed Law Firm boasts staff that are admitted to the state bars of New York, Washington, DC, Tennessee, and Virginia, as well as the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, U.S. District Court for Middle Tennessee, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the United States Court of International Trade, and the nation of Pakistan.
- Defense of U.S. based software developer in multimillion dollar litigation involving major offshore operations in state court lawsuit alleging illegal competition, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, conspiracy, and conversion.
- Representation of overseas software and web application developer in breach of contract and equity dispute with U.S. based partner.
- Representation of the American Public Gas Association in dispute with insurance company involving breach of an affinity agreement.
- Defense of cell phone dealership in a dispute with a major cell phone provider in federal court alleging illegal competition, breaches of dealer agreement, and intellectual property violations.
- Successful representation and settlement for physician in Medicaid billing fraud dispute.
- Trial and settlement of commercial lease dispute for a restaurant owner.
- Immigration practice consisting of family and employment based visa applications and citizenship processing.
We serve clients in all jurisdictions of New York (Richmond King, Queens, Nassau, Bronx, Westchester, Rockland, and New York counties), Virginia (Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Fauquier, Prince William, and Stafford Counties), Tennessee (Davidson, Robertson, Cheatham, Williamson, Rutherford, Wilson and Sumner counties) and Washington, D.C. Outside of these jurisdictions, we partner with other lawyers to provide representation as needed.